Male or female character?

Everything related to the standalone game, Tortured Hearts - Or How I Saved The Universe. Again. If you want to use this board, please register at www.torturedhearts.com

Male or Female?

Male
71%
Female
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: Male or female character?

Postby subbassman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 am

Are there gender specific RPG skills?

subbassman
Site Admin

Postby fallen_hero » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 pm

DrHoo wrote:Ha ha, are women really more persuasive? Or more persistent? Another thing to think of, is this PC reacting with a male or female NPC? that might make a difference too. At least a lot of psychologists think men and women react differently to each other. ;)

I would agree to say woman are more persuasive. And often even persistent. ;) Having worked at a little shop for picture finishing and camera's in real life I often witnessed that woman could sell better. Anyway, I think there is a difference. Especially if like the appeareance of the woman. Would also be funny if the PC could play as a female character and meet other women and also gain negative reactions. Women in RL can easily be noticed if they dislike other women... :o

fallen_hero
Enhanced Newcomer

Postby DrHoo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Women know that their hardest opponents are other women, especially of the same sexual orientation. I think there's a deep-seated competitive streak there. Getting into complex affairs could get into the way of adventure. I'd go with the "women are better bargainers" though.

DrHoo
Site Admin

Postby fallen_hero » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Men feel the same when it comes to being opponents but the fight often goes a bit more between the lines, while I often feel that women often seek the open confrontation when facing opponents.

subbassman wrote:Are there gender specific RPG skills?

Very good question. Having thought a bit on this I found none so far. I would say there are strenghts and weakness on RPG skills that both have, depending upon the gender some may be easier for men, some may be better for women. So it might be sort of bonus or malus each side can have.

fallen_hero
Enhanced Newcomer

Postby subbassman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 am

Should females be penalized for using halberds for instance?

subbassman
Site Admin

Postby fallen_hero » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 pm

subbassman wrote:Should females be penalized for using halberds for instance?

No, I don't think that would be a good idea. It would limit the possibilities in a game very much, because everyone would be forced to use only the proper equipment for the specific gender to have the best stats possible (making playing the game easier).
If something like that shoudl make sense it would have to be used for bother sides. Otherwise players may tend to use only the "better" gender.

fallen_hero
Enhanced Newcomer

Postby DrHoo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:49 am

I'd say, many women would wish they could use things like halberds, but fantasy is the only place it's going to happen, so give us a break! I was obsessed once with a female gnome character and determined to make a warrior out of her despite nature being against it. She specialized in a morningstar. 8 pounds. I have an 8 pound sledgehammer and every time I have some occasion to use it I think about her... She is a plot character now in TH...

DrHoo
Site Admin

Postby Mrstrato » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm

My choice is often female, despite I am male. The reason is mostly this simple: I rather watch a famale's 'aft' during all the game than a male's. :)

If there are different appearances to choose from for male and female character, I like to chechk them all and select the one I like the most. If it's a male then my character will be male, if it's a female a female my character will be.

Mrstrato
Level Aspirant

Postby subbassman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Mrstrato wrote:My choice is often female, despite I am male. The reason is mostly this simple: I rather watch a famale's 'aft' during all the game than a male's. :)

If there are different appearances to choose from for male and female character, I like to chechk them all and select the one I like the most. If it's a male then my character will be male, if it's a female a female my character will be.

I usually have female characters too. Opposits attract... :)

subbassman
Site Admin

Postby fallen_hero » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I think I should start also a female character the next time I start playing a RPG.

Besides that: did any of you guys choose a male / female character when doing a RPG for the second time? Some games are said to offer a totally different experience when you choose another race and maybe even gender...

fallen_hero
Enhanced Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Tortured Hearts General