The most important class is...

Everything related to the standalone game, Tortured Hearts - Or How I Saved The Universe. Again. If you want to use this board, please register at www.torturedhearts.com

The most important class is...

Postby DrHoo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Very very important. Which classes are most important to you in a RPG, either to play yourself, to have as a companion, or to face as foe?
Healer
Rogue/sneak
Fighter
Mage
If you had to play a game without one, which would it be?

DrHoo
Site Admin

Re: The most important class is...

Postby fallen_hero » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Most important to me in a RPG are fighter and mage since I pick these most times for playing. I a party I mostly prefer the same classes plus a good healer. No good party should travel around without one. In fights I like to see a mixture of all of them so in the battle you have to find the proper tactic to win against them.
The class I could miss out is the rogue/sneak. It's just because I simply don't play them since I prefer often a offensive gameplay instead of the silent way around.

fallen_hero
Enhanced Newcomer

Postby subbassman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

I like all ;)

I prefer rogues and healers though.

subbassman
Site Admin

Postby DrHoo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

I like a balance between fighter and magic, for purely practical reasons. First, if one has some fighting skills, it's much easier to deal with monsters, and there are always monsters. Maybe I could blast them with fiery meteorites, but usually a few whacks with a good weapon is more effective, and it's on with the next part of the game. Second, while most magic feats or skills tend to be rather lame and could be avoided, there's always something like Find Traps or Open Locks which can be really useful. The problem is most games make it so hard to be a battle mage, or a multi-talented fighter.

DrHoo
Site Admin

Postby Malach1te » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 am

Druids!

Malach1te
Distinguished Tomb Raider

Postby DrHoo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Druids certainly have some unbeatable abilities. Never seemed like I played a game where it would be an advantage to take another form (except in NWN-HOTU where the game forces you to do so, but those scenes were designed around the premise)--what would be a great scenario for a druid to use their special talents? For instance how would it work in the ever-popular sewer setting.

DrHoo
Site Admin

Postby Malach1te » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm

DrHoo wrote:Druids certainly have some unbeatable abilities. Never seemed like I played a game where it would be an advantage to take another form (except in NWN-HOTU where the game forces you to do so, but those scenes were designed around the premise)--what would be a great scenario for a druid to use their special talents? For instance how would it work in the ever-popular sewer setting.

Neutral rats you could use Animal Empathy on? Could make for a humorous dialogue...

Generally many opportunites for Animal Empathy and Wisdom checks in dialogues is what truly makes the Druid experience for me.

Malach1te

Postby subbassman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 am

Aren't druids a bit weak? :)

subbassman
Site Admin

Postby Malach1te » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

subbassman wrote:Aren't druids a bit weak? :)

They aren't as powerful as a fullblown cleric but usually have some showstopper spells like Harm and the beast forms add a bit of melee power.

I'm not really a powergamer though, i'm a roleplayer and don't care about PvP power etc. much.

Malach1te

Postby subbassman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Malach1te wrote:
subbassman wrote:Aren't druids a bit weak? :)

They aren't as powerful as a fullblown cleric but usually have some showstopper spells like Harm and the beast forms add a bit of melee power.

I'm not really a powergamer though, i'm a roleplayer and don't care about PvP power etc. much.

I had a druid life in Dungeons and Dragons online, but I was glad to return to Favored Soul. The bestowed wings alone were worth it. :)

subbassman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tortured Hearts General